Welcome to Life’s a Beach Backpackers
Lifes a Beach Backpackers is Quy Nhon’s original backpackers and number one party hostel. Some say it’s the best bar in the world but let’s not get carried away! Let’s just say it’s unique – and not made for boring people. Drinking shots off your room mates stomach, dancing on the bar, catching rum from the shot gun – or just having an ice cold beer, sat in a hammock overlooking the beach – however you want it, we got it. We can go as long as you can with games, promotions, dj’s, free drinks dancefloor free popcorn and drinks promotions every night there is something to keep you up.
The night is yours for what you make it – we are not like the bars you find in many places where they hire people to make you drink we don’t make you do anything – we’re just here to make sure that you have a great time – whatever that is.
Don’t worry – the days are super chilled on our amazingly beautiful private beach – so there’s plenty of time to recuperate – swimming, sunbathing, or enjoying our daily activities including snorkeling, playing board games, boat trips, fishing, beach ball, pool competitions, big screen movies or just sleeping in a hammock – whatever floats your boat – until you’re ready party again!
Things you need to know before you get here:
* The music is loud and will go on as long as you do!
* No wifi – means you have to make new friends and once you get over it and start talking to people you won’t need Tinder anyway.
Now for the practical information . . .
* Accommodation is basic – you’ll be staying in a bamboo hut on the hill side overlooking the stunning beach. Your bed has it’s own power point, reading light and the toilets and showers are close by.
We are in a remote location so remember to bring enough cash and your essentials with you – it’s a 15KM to the city, but we have a small shop with everything you need (no embarrassing late nights runs to the pharmacy)
Motorbike Rental and Repair
Motorbike Rental and Repair
Things to Note
1. Check in Time: 14:00
2. Check out Time: 12:00
3. No worries allowed.
4. Over 18’s only.
5. No children/families or boring people.
6. No food or drink from outside.
7. You must provide a passport with valid visa to stay
8. When arriving there is a small entrance fee of 20,000 vnd this will be refunded when you pay for your stay.
9. From the entrance you will need to walk around 100 meters down a steep hill to reach the reception which is open from 07:00 until 19:00 you can check in outside these times but some facilities may not be available and English may be limited.
10. If you are arriving between midnight and 7:00 please let us know in advance.
11. Please confirm your booking by letting us know your approximate arrival time and if you need any help to get here.
12. Often people book with us for one night, only to be disappointed to find that we are fully booked the following day. Most of our guests stay, on average, for 3 – 4 days so please let us know in plenty of time if you would like to extend your initial booking.
We are Gavin and Steve. We first arrived in Bai Xep near the end of 2013 whilst travelling through South East Asia. We fell in love with the village and opened Life’s a Beach the following year. “Life’s a Beach Backpackers” opened in the Summer of 2016. We never dreamed of running a place like Life’s a Beach but we couldn’t contemplate leaving our new found paradise – we hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Our place is aimed at a certain kind of traveller. Our guests tend to be intrepid travellers looking for a special experience that is so rare today. If you are an adventurous soul who values meeting great people and having real experiences over resort style accommodation with formal service, you’ll fit right in. We provide a great environment and everything you could need for an amazing stay but you get out what you put in. There are so many unique opportunities to be had but you have to come with an open mind and be willing to go out and make them happen.
Life is a lot slower and simpler here and everyone is very laid back. One of the downsides to this is that things can often take longer than you might expect. It is not unusual to experience power cuts or water shortages during your stay but we make every effort to ensure that these things are provided – sometimes you have to be creative with your time!
We look forward to meeting you soon and welcoming you to our home.
Gavin, Steve & the Life’s a Beach Family