Welcome to Life’s a Beach
Situated directly on the beach with an eclectic style of accommodation centered around our lively beach bar. How about spending the night in a bamboo house with views overlooking the bay? Be lulled to sleep by the sound of waves and wake to the soft glow of the Vietnamese sunrise across the sea. All private rooms have large double beds and comfortable mattresses. The bathrooms have hot water and rain showers.
We also have a fan cooled mixed bamboo dorm for those that prefer to count their pennies. The shower block is a few meters away and you are provided with bed linen and towels.
Our beach front restaurant-bar serves a selection of snacks throughout the day.
As the sun sets we enjoy the opportunity to meet our new guests and exchange stories over a Communal Vietnamese Homestyle dinner prepared by our famous local ladies from the village. It’s a great opportunity to try many real local dishes prepared with Western Hygiene standards.
After dinner depends on you – maybe a spontaneous tune on the guitar, an evening of games or join us at the bar and make some new friends.
Make use of the free wi-fi to plan your day and your onward journey, chill out on the beach, take a trip out to sea with a local fisherman or trek to the nearby waterfall. One thing you are guaranteed is that you will never forget the charming fishing village of Bai Xep and the wonderful people that live here.
Air Conditioning in some rooms
En-Suite Bathrooms for some rooms
Things to Note
1. Check in Time: 12:00-22:00
– We don’t advise arriving after dark as there are no street lights and the village can be hard to navigate at night.
2. Check out Time: before 10:00
– We do need to ensure that the rooms can be ready for the following guests so your help in vacating your room on time is appreciated. You do not need to leave the premises at 10am – you are welcome to stay for the day.
3. Both cash and credit card payments (3% charge) are acceptable upon check in at the property
– we may contact you to request full payment prior to arrival.
4. You must provide a valid passport and visa upon arrival
– you will not be allowed to stay without this.
5. Often people book with us for one night, only to be disappointed to find that we are fully booked the following day. Most of our guests stay, on average, for 3 – 4 days so please let us know in plenty of time if you would like to extend your initial booking.
6. When booking please confirm your approximate arrival time and if you need any help to get here.
7. We do not allow outside food or drink to be consumed inside.
We are Gavin and Steve. We first arrived in Bai Xep near the end of 2013 whilst travelling through South East Asia. We fell in love with the village and opened Life’s a Beach the following year. We never dreamed of running a place like Life’s a beach but we couldn’t contemplate leaving our new found paradise – we hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Our place is aimed at a certain kind of traveller. Our guests tend to be intrepid travellers looking for a special experience that is so rare today. If you are an adventurous soul who values meeting great people and having real experiences over resort style accommodation with formal service, you’ll fit right in. If not, you may want to rethink your booking. We provide a great environment and everything you could need for an amazing stay but you get out what you put in. There are so many unique opportunities to be had but you have to come with an open mind and be willing to go out and make them happen.
We are located in Bai Xep a small working fishing village 10km south of the city of Quy Nhon. As the city is off the tourist trail it can be difficult to reach us. We advise that you aim to arrive in Bai Xep by 10pm at the latest as the village is poorly lit and you will have trouble finding us. Additionally our neighbours have to get up early to go to work and so any disturbance late at night is frowned upon.
The area is not developed for tourists so you won’t find your home comforts in the local shops – there is no 7-11 in the village. Life is a lot slower and simpler here and everyone is very laid back. One of the downsides to this is that things can often take longer than you might expect. Things that you may take for granted at home are a luxury here – for example, running water, electricity and WiFi. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that these things are provided, if you are the type of traveller that cannot live without these luxuries then this is probably not the place for you.
We have a great relationship with the village, anyone that jeopardises this by behaving inappropriately or not respecting our surroundings friends and neighbours will be asked to leave. Police will be called if anyone is suspected of using or carrying drugs.
We would like to be upfront that this is not a budget backpackers hostel. For the area, we are priced at the mid range. Every night is different and is normally dictated by the guests and the atmosphere they create. We can offer karaoke, BBQ, games, DJ and movie nights but we are certainly not a party hostel. Check out Life’s a Beach Backpackers if that’s what you’re after!
We look forward to meeting you soon and welcoming you to our home.
Steve, Gavin & the Life’s a Beach family.